I have quoted Christine's original post in full below for those who missed it
the first time.

I think Christine has an inspired idea that could allow PDMLers to take their
work in a new direction. We have had the themed PUG for many many years, and as
Doug notes in his Introduction to this year's PDML Annual, the PUG has been an
important element of our identity as a group, taking us beyond random chatter
to a more fundamental sharing process. (Doug, my apologies for mangling your
thoughts and words with this rough paraphrase.) We have had instances where
multiple PDMLers have shared images of a common event (e.g., PDML gatherings,
GFM) But always we have seen a collection of single images. We have seen
portfolios and photo essays from individuals (Bob W. and Christine's work comes
to mind.) But I cannot recall a previous suggestion for a collaborative process
like the one C has suggested.

C was inspired by a particular body of work which focused on relatively mundane
day-to-day activities: tending gardens, eating dinner, going to church, buying
gasoline/petrol, getting married  . . . But there is no reason this
collaboration notion could not encompass any photographic subject. Macros of
flowers? Wide angle landscapes? Backyard wildlife? Product photography of
grocery-store food items in different countries? The particular topic is
irrelevant as long as it inspires two or more list members to decide to work
together to try and reflect their shared vision of something. Dan, for example,
has an ongoing project on roadside diners. There must be someone on the List
who has seen those and thought about the parallels and differences in common
eating places in their own countries?

>From the above you probably have gathered that I strongly endorse C's
>suggestion. In more specific support I offer the following:
a. For the collaborators who are interested, I will commit to
editing/publishing the first 4-5 photo essays produced thorough such
collaborations; I am imagining a Blurb book with 10-20 pages per essay. If/when
such a work is produced, a free copy to all contributors, any profits to the
Dana-Farber organization.
b. Inspired by some of the "industrial" images posted by PDMLers, i have been
planning a small series of photos of active and decaying midwestern silos and
feed mills. I would love to try and work up a collaborative photo essay on such
a theme. I also stand ready to join in if anyone has an alternate idea they
would like to pursue. (Except beaches, Christine. Not my thing.)

Lets try out this notion of collaborative photo projects and see where we can
get with it!

stan