On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, T Rittenhouse wrote:

> Why would you be afraid of damaging the flash attachment? I use mine. There

Its more of a fear of damaging the camera itself, really.

> may be a problem of 50 years corrosion in the flash contacts. It is
> something of a Chinese puzzle but you can take it apart and clean them.

Truthfully, the contacts are corroded behind belef on this, but again,
that's OK by me, for now.

I think the rangefinder is broken, too. It doesn't seem to do anything.

> Pick up a daylight developing tank for $5 or $10 and develop the film
> yourself. Prints are not ridiculously expensive but around here the only two
> places that will develop 4x5 B&W want $5 a sheet so it is a do it yourself

They'll do it here for $2.15 a sheet, whether its colour, B&W, or
transparency.

However, I'm prety sure I'll be doing it myself, at some point.

> Above all have fun, you wouldn't believe the attention you will attract with
> that thing.

I took it outside today just to get an idea of h9ow it works, and play for
a minute, and the focal length, and everything.

Even though I had it hung up on my crappy Quantaray tripoid, and was using
a shirt as a drop cloth, it was like total magic just lookign through it,
and playing just a bit. I cannot absolutely wait to start using it.
Somehow, when I was out there iwth it, I felt like more of an artist than
I ever had with a 35mm camera.

It was just pure magic. I think I'm a LF convert. Oh well, I was so hoping
to join that 67 brotherhood I heard so much about, too. :)

--
http://www.infotainment.org
         "The destructive character is cheerful."  - Walter Benjamin