On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Treena Harp wrote:

> BTW, has anyone here used the Portra chromogenic B+W yet? I was wanting to
> try some for portraits, but was wondering if any of ya'll have any feedback
> on it.

I ran a test on some the other week - exposed the same scene from ISO 25
to ISO 1600.  There wasn't much of a difference on the negative and none
of the muddiness you get with T400CN underexposed.

I got mine developed in the minilab downstairs and they came back black
and white.  None of this brown stuff.  Also, there were none of the usual
arguments you tend to get when you give a minilab film they haven't seen
before.

I took some portraits of my daughter with it - it's very smooth and has
a good range of tones.  Very grainless as well, at least in the prints.

I went out and bought a brick of it straight away.

dave
--
dave o'brien - http://www.diaspoir.net
Si jeunesse savait, si vieillesse pouvait.