On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I like it. The motion blur is a plus, but I'd crop out the one-legged
> shortstop:-).

Damn!  I changed the title on the blog to "Fastball", as I figured
he's too young to be throwing curves (so the experts say).  Then I
used the wrong title for the post.  Oh well.

I was unsure what to do about the shortstop.  That's the edge of the
frame, so there's no getting more of him in.  I have other shots where
other players (including baserunners) are nicely placed in the
background, the the pitcher himself wasn't well captured at all.  So
this is the best of the captures of the young fellow throwing.  I was
thinking about cropping out the SS, but decided to keep him there.
Too bad I didn't get all of him, as then it would be a no-brainer -
his alert stance and facial expression are terrific.

Obviously, you're in the "crop out" camp.  I wonder if anyone out
there will prefer him in?

Thanks for the comment, Paul.

cheers,
frank

--
"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."  -Henri Cartier-Bresson