Hi,
   it's easy, I have done it couple of times to resolder battery
   contacts (these are most suspectible). The prism housing is
   separate unit, so y ou don't have to worry about misalignment.

   1) by use of two screwdrivers or spanner wrench, remove the
   retaining ring around the eyepiece. The eyepiece than screws right
   out.

   2) just pry the plastic loose, starting from top. Be careful to not
   damage the cosmetics.

   3) IIRC, that's all, but maybe, there's a small worm / screw behind
   the nameplate at the rear bottom part (the Made in Japan or
   something like it). I really don't remember. OTOH, this screw can
   be just holding the battery contaCTS, so it might not be essential
   in getting it opened.

HTH,
    Frantisek Vlcek