On 2011-05-28 00:35 , Toine wrote:
a very common weed: shepherd's-purse

http://flic.kr/p/9MrEyK

nice angles -- i like how some of the stems line up to create an unusual emphasis of the lines; we call that "shovel weed" around here, just another take on the shape of the seeds (not shown in your photo)

For fun I posted this in the Flickr PDML group. If you want to see it
bigger click on the picture in my site:

http://www.repiuk.nl/index.php#id=album-126&num=content-4493

i normally hesitate to load Flash just to view a photo, so it's nice to have the Flickr alternative (and 1000x1000 is plenty big enough to appreciate this particular photo)