In a message dated 2/24/02 4:25:51 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< But was has the pro area to do with digital? As far as I'm concerned, I've
no doubt that digital slr's will be mass market damned soon. If Pentax will
continue making slr's, which I'm certain they are, they need to cater to
the digital slr pretty soon. And they have in fact said that they will.
Theres no point in not sticking to the K-mount as this gives them
automatically a broad customer base. >>

What is your reasoning behind the "fall  of the SLR?"
1) Nikon & Canon make a digital SLR (35mm) body.
2) If Pentax can't make a 35mm size "cell" how can they make a 645 size?
Pentax will do what the market calls for. I work daily with computers. I
can't stand digital cameras. My path is shoot slide film; scan slide film;
use the digital scans. To me the digital slr is for the press boys.
Look at the real photographers. They are moving to the "retro" bodies for
true photography.
Film will be around and healthy. When it begins to die so will I. Long live
35mm FILM photography.
Burt
NYC
USA