Thanks all for the replies.
Tom, that's what the Pentax rep. told me. He also gave me a product number
for the Pentax MZ-S 2 year extended warranty as Product 80200.
He said the list price for the Pentax extended warranty is $149.99, but the
actual price charged by the discount mail order houses should be a lot
lower.
(like maybe $50 or so).
The question remains, where can I buy this Pentax MZ-S ext. warranty?
Most mail order houses sell Mack ext. warranty for the MZ-S.
B&H and such do sell the Pentax ext. warranty for the ZX/PZ line,
which is 4 years, but apparently does not cover the MZ-S.
I'm not familiar with Mack, but from what I understand they have
 their own repair facilities in New Jersey.
I'd rather send my future MZ-S to Pentax should it need some repair
 or recalibrating, which Pentax does with specialized computer software.
Thanks for any leads.
Nancy

Tom wrote:
<As I understand it, the extended warranty on a MZ-S is two years, which is
on top of
the normal one year warranty. The extended warranty on the ZX cameras is 4
years.
One cool thing about it is that you can send your camera in for a CLA at no
cost
during the extended warranty period.>