On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> <http://photorumors.com/2011/05/26/ricoh-patents-various-unconventional-gxr-units/#more-10522>
>
> Below is spoken with the voice of a teller of ancient fairy tales...
>
> When you were young, Godfrey, and I were little, there was a company called
> Handspring. They made a thing called Personal Digital Assistant that was
> called Visor. And the Visor's motto was "Infinitely expandable" because it
> had a rather big slot on the back that could be filled with anything
> starting with a cell phone module and going all the way to the massager
> module... After all, PD Assistant was supposed to assist and assist it
> did...

LOL! Younger perhaps. In 1998 I was 44 years old. ];-)

I remember the Handspring Visor very well. I had provided some
assistance to the Palm group at US Robotics some years before, and
Handspring was a second effort started by one of the principals who
started the Palm effort. One of my colleagues' spouse worked at
Handspring starting right about 1999 and rose to the level of senior
managing director in engineering when she retired in 2003. I had
access to all the Handspring prototypes and pre-production components
as I helped them out with beta testing from time to time.

> As for GXR - it may be a good self birthday present. I am turning 40 this
> year...

It's a darn nice little camera.

--
Godfrey