On 6/1/2011 05:51, Stan Halpin wrote:
In the discussion of Christine's notion of PDML group efforts, I
mentioned an interest in old grain silos (those on farms and those in
small towns - more properly grain elevators). Bob Sullivan mentioned
an interest in the topic. I've been thinking about this some more and
have the following germ of an idea: I would like to do a photo essay
on rural and small town artifacts. Barns, silos, grain elevators,
cars, tractors, farm implements, gas pumps, whatever. Those that have
been lovingly preserved and those rusting into oblivion. Let me know
if you would be interested in participating. Once we have a core
group we can agree among ourselves on how to proceed, do some
brainstorming to refine the concept, and go on from there. Note that
I think it would be great to have participation from other than the
U.S. - this is not about Rural America. At least I would hope that it
turns out to be broader than that.

stan

I'd give it a try, Stan. This idea has been running around my mind for several years now - to see if I can depict the starting decay of many things here, some of which are beyond the physical realm.

So count me in.

Boris