Hold your pinky finger at arms length. compare it to the scene you want to photograph, that is the smallest detail that will be resolved by your 135mm lens at f11, (I got that by looking at the stopped down diagram of a 135mm from the front by the way, a usefull trick, sometimes). if it's outside of the DOF for the focus point. The DOF for a 135mm lens is pretty limited and focused at infinity the near limit is more than 100 yards away. I'm surprised you got anything that looked to be remotely in focus. Another problem is that on the DS a 135mm lens is ~200mm on 35mm. I know that 1/200 is rule of thumb but really there is going to be some camera movement, unless you're using the best possible hand holding technique and face it in the excitement that's just not going to happen.

So here's my advice. The DS has pretty clean output at ISO 800. If you want to rely on DOF, then, under the conditions you described, you can stop down to f22 and set your focus point at 40 feet. The lens opening is about twice the size of a match head, so if your prints are small enough a lot more will appear to be in focus, and everything between 30 and 50 feet away will be "sharp". However you'll still have camera movement. You probably want to keep the shutter speeds above 1/400 so I hate to say this but you'll probably have to open up to f11 and actually change focus to follow the action. I know you've complained in the past about having trouble manually focusing, but there's really no way around it.