> From: "Rob Brigham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: New Pentax FA645 33-55/4.5 and FA645 55-110/5.6
>
> >From PMA (not the second paragraph...):
>
> Pentax Corp., Englewood, Colo. (303-799-8000), introduced two new SLRs
> to its ZX line. The Pentax ZX-L is designed with the novice and
> intermediate photographer in mind.

ZX-L = MZ-6 (MZ-L in Japan).

> an infrared system to ensure correct focus in dim light

According to the MZ-6 manual (which Pentax Scandinavia e-mailed me several weeks ago
btw... :-) ), the flash is used to provide illumination when it's to dark for the
autofocus to work. No infrared system there...

One question:  It seems like spot-metering is on by default, is this correct? Now,
what happens when one press the AE-L button in manual exposure mode - does one get an
exposure reading with the spot meter?

Another question: When the autofocus is set to also lock the exposure, will this be an
exposure read by the spot meter if the AE-L is linked to the spot meter?

Best regards,
Roland