On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 01:59:54PM -0700, Joseph McAllister wrote:
> Of all the things the transition to DSLR has dropped on us old film folks,
> the hardest one for me to accept is a mirrorless camera.

There were mirrorless cameras long before digital came along, of course.  Some
people see the advent of the digital mirrorless systems more as a return to the
old ways.  The enthusiasm with which the X100 has been received certainly
suggests that there is a market for mirrorless systems, quite apart from the
success of the micro four thirds cameras.