On 6/9/2011 21:50, Bob W wrote:
I don't know if you've ever had to deal with bullies, but if you went to a
boarding school, as I did, you'd observe quite quickly that the population
was divided into bullies, victims and people who stood up for themselves. As
long as there were people willing to be victims, there were bullies. But the
bullies only ever tried it once on those of us who stood up for ourselves;
even if we took a beating they found it wasn't worth their own pain to try
again.

Indeed. The more interesting thing is that it seems (emphasis on 'seems') to me that the same thing applies just about everywhere, not just a boarding school.

Boris