steve harley wrote:

On 2011-06-12 15:03 , Ann Sanfedele wrote:

Well - it used to be called the Devil's Highway -- it was 666 until they
changed it to 191... another part of 666 , in New MExico,
was changed to 491.
Took this in 1985 - at an overlook north of Morenci. I went fishing in
my archives for photos of this area because there
is a huge fire raging in the area that has been going on for , hm, about
10 days and is causing a hell of a lot of smoke and
is only 6% contained. I love that part of the country and it is sad to
see this happening. Apparently started from an
un smothered campfire.
The rest of the photos in this mini gallery are from that area too (just
clikc next, you know the drill)

http://annsan.smugmug.com/On-the-Road-or-On-Foot/Scans-from-Chromes/17511519_5d6nsk/1/1332802583_qq8kLSs/Large

a pleasant image; i like the backstory, and the fact i can blow it up and see film grain

  hehe

the smoke from the AZ fires was hazing and oranging the Denver sky for several days; it has let up since a front is moving the air in another direction lately

The seem to be getting it more under control now

ann