Nice stereo pairs can be made with a little gadget I picked up long ago. With
it you shoot one image (full frame film or sensor) then this pantograph or
parallelograph moves the camera up and over to a position an eye's distance
away, on the same plane.
 _______                _______
 \______\  to  /_____/   (only it folds all the way down to flat in both
directions) It has a female socket on the bottom plate, and a male screw post
on the top, adjustable so you can snug the camera back up against the short lip
at the rear of the top plate assuring the same 90° to subject at both ends.

Print both images, screw your eyes apart so they blend the two into a 3D image.
It takes practice. Many hours on a photo interpretation table with similar
aerial pairs taught me to do away with the special stereo lenses used on the
light table, unless I needed more power to look more closely at something. You
can also view the pair on a monitor by viewing two up in Lightroom or Aperture.
Adjust the size of the viewing window to make it easier to blend the two
images. Too far apart and it can't be done.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

THE SENILITY PRAYER :
Grant me the senility to forget the people
I never liked anyway,
The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.