On 19/06/2011 10:08, Bob W wrote:
From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
David Mann

Had a very nice day in Oxford today with Chris and Cotty, although
lunchtime's lease hath all too short a date.

<http://www.web-options.com/Ruins/>

The gallery we were in is the Ashmolean, which is excellent.

I've been in that second photo.

Thanks. That one's a good example of a feature of the X100 that hasn't had
much of a mention in the reviews. Because the weather was so bad yesterday -
torrential rain most of the day - I shot mainly in what Fuji call Perfect
Ideal Shot Selection Electronic Download mode.

I think its full name is Perfect Ideal Shot Selection Electronic Download for Only Fine Fotos.

You need a Bluetooth connection to your iPod or Android phone, and the
appropriate app. The app uses your location information and the image in the
EVF to scan Picasa albums, Flickr and so on for shots taken from the same
spot, then blends them in-camera into the ideal shot for that location, so
your pictures are not affected by the vagaries of light or skill.

It's only in Beta at the moment, but it's proving very useful although I had
to switch it off for the portrait of Cotty because it was hunting a lot and
the closest match it could find was:
<http://tinyurl.com/CottsFascinator>