From: Mark Cassino

Thanks, Bill - and thanks to everyone who suggested a repair service. I'll be
sending out some emails and hope to bounce the lens out to a repair shop as soon
as it comes back from Pentax. I really would like to get this lens fixed.

I also have a growing pile of stuff the needs repair - my ME Super went dead
with the mirror up a few months ago, the shutter on my PZ-1p is sticking, My
TOkina 400 f5.6 is hazed with fungus... The list goes on. I really love that ME
Super and the PZ-1p is the only advanced feature SLR that I have that is IR film
friendly (the Mz-S apparently is not compatable with IR film - haven't tested
that.) I figure I may as well get these film cameras fixed up now and hunker
down with them while I shoot out my film supplies...

That reminds me ... I need to go get my "unrepairable" K1000 from the local shop tomorrow morning before I go back to school.

I took it in because I was having a problem with the mirror sticking up, but my local repair guy says he can't get the shutter speed regulated.

It's a brown leather K1000 SE, and I'd really like to have it working. I wonder if one of the other shops suggested might be able to do what my local guy can't?