Hi,
   the problem would be that the afterglow is mostly in invisible or
   hardly visible spectrum radiation, to which film and paper is most
   sensitive, but you don't see it. I would be extremely warry when
   least wait 5 secs before doing something with paper, and wait
   perhaps thrice that with film, to be on the safe side.
   Again, the problem is that it's most likely on the invisible side
   of spectrum.

   frantisek