NG> camera. The company claims that enlargements from the SD9 exceed the
NG> quality of 35mm film.

IIRC the Foveon chip is so far only 3.4 MP or such, even if "true"
megapixels and not interpolated megapixels from normal digicams.

I don't see how it could be better than film as even with 2700
scanners, these have about 10 MP, there is plenty of detail yet to
scan at more res... Company LIES, called "creative talk" again.  I
think it is Nike who is currently making the biggest case of company
lies getting protected by the US 1st amendment? Scarey. Sorry that's too OT...

Anyway, detail for detail, film would capture at least 8-10
megapixels, while this chip captures only 3.4 megapixels (comparing
film's l/mm rating, choosing a conservative 100 l/mm, many films can
do higher than that), or is my reasoning wrong? Not counting the
different qualities of MTF curves for chip (digital) and film (analog)
media, and overal image qualities.

I just don't like this sort of company "creative talk"...

Best regards,
   Frantisek Vlcek