On Jun 22, 2011, at 4:15 PM, John Sessoms wrote:

> What makes RAID work in computers is that the controller & interface doesn't
> really increase the cost of building the array by very much.
>
> How would that work with cameras?
>
> What would be the cost of a mechanism to hold and control 4 identical camera
> bodies, not to mention 4 identical lenses?

Assuming four cameras....
If I were willing to set them up in a single line, rather than a rectangular
array, the price of a chunk of aluminum and 4 1/4-20 bolts.

To control them, I'd buy 4 wired remotes, and then  wire all of the camera
plugs in parallel with the same trigger switch.

> And how would you assure that all 4 cameras were simultaneously focused the
> same distance?

One way would be to focus one lens, note the value on the distance guide, then
set the other four to the same point.  Or, using auto focus, select the same
object to focus on.