> Rick,
> Daytime shot portrays a visual mess of a street.  Everybody has to post
> signage.
> Having the light-posts labled DOWNTOWN just pushed it over the top for
> me.
> I like the night shot better as it conceals all this visual pollution.
> Regards,  Bob S.

A very interesting shot, though. Reminds me of one by Ernst Haas
<http://www.ernst-haas.com/colorGallery/america/albuquerque.jpg>

<http://www.ernst-haas.com/colorGallery05.html>

Paris has recently strengthened its already quite strict laws against
advertising signs by reducing the maximum allowable size, and reducing by
30% the number permitted. More cities should be doing this, as well as
removing traffic signs.