The Contax camera is only arriving now, in March. It was supposed to be
on the market last November, and now it's also going to be a really
tough sell (even for Zeiss fans with deep pockets) when compared to 6Mp
cameras from the Japanese (Pentax excluded, naturally :-( ).

Personally, I think Pentax were right not to proceed with the MZ-D as
specified. Sure, it would have been nice to have the camera, but
wouldn't we be here complaining that it cost four times as much as the
Canon D-60 if Pentax had gone ahead with it...?

That said, I won't be looking at digital until I can get a full-frame
one, and that's always going to be expensive (in IC production, the
physical size of the device is the biggest cost, not the number of
transistors or sensors or whatever on it). Okay, I might be tempted to
settle for a 1.2x multiplier if the price was right, but that's still a
way off..

When's Photokina?
--
Kristian