On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 08:35 -0700, "Tim Bray" <tb...@textuality.com>
wrote:
> Ricoh has a great big honking ultra-boring
> photocopier/printer/office-widget business.  Much like Canon I guess.
> Only in the case of Ricoh, it's pretty obvious that the
> office-products is at the center and the camera thing is a bag on the
> side.  I think adding Pentax makes all sorts of sense for them.
>
> Also there are some plausible synergies between R and P.
> - Willingness to do quirky non-mainstream things
> - Better-than-average ergonomics

In the Australian context, I'm wondering what this all means for the
Pentax brand in Australia.

Pentax doesn't have a branch in Oz and C R Kennedy has been the local
distributor for over 30 years.  Ricoh/Tasco does have a local branch so
I'm wondering if we're about to see a change in the distribution
arrangements and whether that might mean a better presence of Pentax
with major retailers.

For example, I was at a local mall yesterday and looking in the window
of a Kodak Express store (a very 'consumer orientated' operation) and
there among the Nikons and Canons was a Ricoh GXR in the window.  I've
never seen any Pentax in that store.

Cheers

Brian

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia
http://lyons-ryan.org/southernlight/.

> -T
>
> On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 1:16 AM, DagT <li...@thrane.name> wrote:
> > The 645D viewfinder is brilliant.
> >
> > DagT
> >
> > Den 2. juli 2011 kl. 02.44 skrev Steven Desjardins:
> >
> >> The 645 did have an awesome viewfinder, however.

> > --

                          wherever you are