On 6 July 2011 20:23, Larry Colen wrote:

> http://photofocus.com/2011/07/06/google-plus-read-the-fine-print-before-you-sign-up/
>
> Makes the good point about "read the fine print before you sign up, or post
> anything".
>
> The short form is that if you post something to google+, they get to do what
> they want with it, without paying you.
>
> I haven't looked into the google+ photo sharing at any depth yet.  I've got
> an account and have poked around a bit.  The biggest advantages seem to be
> the user interface for sorting friends into groups (or circles) so that you
> can select who to share with, and that it isn't facebook.
>
> --
> Larry Colen l...@red4est.com sent from i4est

If I was going to worry about anything in the agreement, it would be
the non-reciprocation of limits of liability and the consequential
losses that Google would want to claim in the event of default of the
user. I'm not going to worry though, as they would constitute an
unfair contract in UK consumer law so the whole thing would cave in...

So far as hosting images is concerned, I'll say it over and over - if
you're worried, get yourself a couple of gigabytes of web space and do
it yourself. You can always point at it from any messages on social
networking sites.

Chris

Chris