Jørgen wrote:

>I know there is differences between the cameras so one can
>not directly compare prices, but the Contax NX costs around
>twice the amount of the Pentax MZ-S ! In that comparison I
>think the MZ-S is very worthy it's price even though many
>(including myself) can not spend that amount of money,
>but maybe it is better to have a high price in this niche ?

In my opinion, Contax have shot themselves in the foot with their latest AF
offerings. I looked at a Contax N1 with one of those new zoom lenses and
the setup was a plasticky piece of crap with a ridiculous price. Even
pedestrian Canon equipment are equally well finished and of course much
more competitively priced.
Nowadays, you can get a beautifully solid and well finished Pentax in the
MZ-S. The Limited lenses are way better finished than anything AF from Carl
Zeiss. Their optical quality is right up there with Leitz and Zeiss
standards. The FA* lenses offer solid professional performance at a price
Contax/Zeiss can't match; heck, they don't even offer such lenses.
The moral is that Pentax can be a genuinely luxurious system something
Contax isn't anymore.

Pål