On 7/11/2011 00:09, Miserere wrote:
On 9 July 2011 13:12, Boris Liberman<bori...@gmail.com>  wrote:
I appreciate your concern, Boris. I don't drink Brandy (or scotch, or
port, or...) but I do enjoy a good beer, which I'm sure you could also
provide, and I'd be happy to consume with you while we chat about the
merits of f/1.2 lenses on a cropped sensor  :-)

We have some fascinating low production volume breweries that you might want to sample, Miserere.

As for f/1.2 lens, it is practically retired as sad as it sounds. You see, my K-5's screen is not aligned with sufficient precision to allow working with this lens and I am too tired to start yet another saga with Katz Eye screen and all. So, I've attached 50/1.2 to MX and occasionally I take a shot or two with it. This is practically retirement.

I don't have a crystal ball, just the experience of these past 4 years
spent looking at the camera market and reading what the various camera
brands put out in official memos and interviews. I've come to the
conclusion that camera makers are not interested in providing us the
camera we want, but rather an average camera than an average consumer
will buy. You know how a Formula 1 car never travels at the average
speed clocked during a race? I find cameras are the same: There is no
average customer that an average camera is going to be really happy,
instead each customer has to bend over and twist themselves to adapt
to shooting with an average camera. This state of affairs annoys me to
no end.

I'll leave it at that.

Well, what you say makes a lot of sense, but since I realize dwelling in this further would sadden you, let bygones be bygones, so to say.

Boris