From: Ann Sanfedele
Decided to shoot one of the rolls of Gold 200 myself to see if it is
still good.  I also don't know the age of the k-1000
since it is "assembled in China" and the takeup knob is plastic that
narrows it down a bit..

IN the camera bag with the k-1000 was a canon sureshot... I got a
battery for it and snapped off a couple of purely silly shots of the max
400 to test it before I list it.

THe K-1000 "sounds" right - I haven't put a battery in it yet, have to buy
one but did notice that the date in the date window on back of the Canon
Sure shot was 94 1 1.  The manual that came iwth it was 1998.

Doesn't mean the K-1000 is the same vintage, of course.

Now I'd either like a volunteer who does his own c-41 developing to
take my roll and throw it in the soup with his stuff and send me the
negatives - or a suggestion where I can get decent color neg developing
from those of you who are still shooting film.  just enough to see
if the film is ok.

T I A

Rite Aid, Walgreen's, Target, CVS ... I don't know what chain stores are in your area, but any of them that still has a mini-lab should be able to process the film.

Most of them can do a "process only" without prints, although you may have to explain what you want to whoever is running the lab and their first response is likely to be "We don't do that."

That's because a "process only" order can't be entered through most self-service kiosks & whoever is running the lab is probably not trained how to handle anything else.

But they can do it, and there's probably a written guideline somewhere in their procedures manual. You may have to ask a manager to look it up.

Target is the only one I know from the inside. For a "process only" order there, they just run the film through the processor & when it comes out there's a book of bar-codes that will have the one they need to scan for "process only" so they can check you out. If you ask, they would probably also sleeve the negatives for you.

The one I worked at kept the book at Customer Service and "process only" was about $1.75. A regular film order (24 exp) with processing, prints & sleeved negatives would only be around $5.00.

I think Walmart has eliminated a lot of their film processing, but some stores may still have the mini lab. Some Walgreen's only do send out anymore. And Target was beginning to remove the film processor from some of their smaller stores, replacing it with a wide carriage inkjet printer.

-----
No virus found in this message.