From: Joseph McAllister

On Jul 17, 2011, at 15:48 , Cotty wrote:

Here in the UK the best price I can find in southern England is
about ?1.37 per litre.

That's pretty close to $6.27 a gallon in yourspeak.

I do about 27,000 miles per year.

This is nothing short of a big hairy bag of bollocks!

Using your figures Cotty, I get an annual petrol expense, given a
25.5 combined mpg rating for your LR Defender, of $6638.82.

You can do the conversions to liters and ? and see if that is
correct.

And THAT, is why I only calculate my milage every fill up, just to
see how bad it is. My newer Dodge? Short trip rides I take every day
are 3.6 miles out. 3.6 miles back, twice a day = 7.2 miles per day.
For this I get 12.5 mpg. At today's $3.90 per gallon.

If I drove down to Seattle for my morning Latte, a 76 mile round
trip, twice a day, I would average around 29 mpg. Now to figure out
if it would be worth my time and wear and tear on the car to do so.

I do about 24,000 miles per year.

I've driven 600 miles less in the first 6 months of this year than I did in last year, but fuel has cost me $200.00 more.

Price at the pump is about 40.5% higher than it was same time last year.

July 19, 2010 I paid $2.589 per gallon, and it's $3.639 per gallon today, although I won't need to buy gas again until the weekend.

I'll need to go back to Raleigh later this week. I found a gas price web site that has an interactive map, and it looks like the cheapest gas that's convenient to me is about half-way along my route back home, so I'll probably fill up when I get there. I'll check the map again before I leave.

Looks like it will save me a nickle a gallon and I don't even have to go out of my way.

-----
No virus found in this message.