Yes but it was particularly offensive, and a-historic.

On 7/19/2011 12:09 PM, Darren Addy wrote:
Oh come off it. Off-topic chatter is a part of this list, including
the frequent slaughter of sacred cows.

I'm quite aware of how Native Americans have been assimilated by
American Society, a proud part of today's American Armed Forces, etc.
They are forced to deal with the reality of their situations and
today's Native Americans were born into it and know nothing different.

But please tell me how many Native Americans who were personally
victims of the genocide perpetrated upon them mainly in the 1800s you
know and are in contact with.
The comparison is anything BUT out of place, unless you are so blinded
by nationalism that you feel that the atrocities committed by "your"
country are somehow justified, if only enough time goes by.

You may not like it. You may not agree with it. Sort of like a lot of
opinion (on and off-topic) thrown about on this list.

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Daniel J. Matyola