> > It's overpriced of course, but I actually think it could be a very
> > creative tool.  That K7 and all its wonders are often sitting in the
> > bag at home.
>
> Have to say: the wonder of a small, "carry it all the time and get
> good quality" camera like this really is how much it *can* do well,
> not whether it can replace semi pro or pro class gear. Since I bought
> the GXR, for instance, I've hardly had the need for my SLR system gear
> for the work I've been doing. That's a bigger sensor camera than the
> Q, but I think we're getting to the point in this technology that even
> small sensor cameras can be quite capable.
>
> --
> Godfrey
>   godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com

On Sunday when I shot the Italian procession I took the Fuji X100 and the M8
+ 75mm Voigtlander.

Although the X100 is good at what I bought it for, it is no way up to the
task of shooting this sort of event as well as the Leica does (or the E-1 if
I'd used that). It's just too slow and too small - the controls keep getting
in the way. The extremely simple user interface of the M8 is a real pleasure
and even with manual focusing I'm finding it faster and more accurate than
the X100. If you lock focus with the X100 and recompose, you have to refocus
& recompose for the next shot, whereas with the Leica you focus, compose,
shoot, shoot, shoot, ... - it's a real pleasure.