It has nothing to do with PDML, - but I thought some PDMLers, who
frequently share their "2 cents", would appreciate that 2 cents can
play a significant role.

I recently purchased a valve to replace one in my toilet
(so-called "Fluidmaster 400LS Leak Sentry Pro Fill Valve").
The main idea is that the water intake valve is activated only through the
flush (not flash) handle, thus preventing it from refilling if there is
a water leak.

However, the valve is clearly underdesigned (under-tested), and doesn't
work as designed when submerged into the water.
While looking at Amazon reviews, I found this suggestion how to make
it working: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2GK5ZJ8IXSDVD/

I found a more simple solution that costed me extra 2 cents:
http://42graphy.org/snapshots/misc/_IR31443.jpg
Occasionally, - 2 cents can be very helpful!
:-)

Cheers,

Igor