Hi Everyone:

Well, it hasn't been dull here.  My 10 year old used sewing machine died, so we
took it in last Sunday.  I'm out of touch with the latest models, so I started
looking around and couldn't believe some of the sale prices, and I had the
manager demonstrate the features on a top Singer model.    He offered me an
incredible deal--and I mean incredible--so I left promising him I'd think about
it.  Well, after getting the estimate for repairs, I decided to buy it, and we
bought the new machine on Thursday.   It works like a dream.  I made a blouse
today.  The machine is such a joy to use!!!

Well, after bringing the sewing machine home on Thursday, I thought I'd check
email.  That's when we discovered our 6-7 year old HP crashed.  We called HP,
and they said it's just to old to fix.

So, Thursday night, we went to Best Buy just to look around--see what's out
there.  When asked, I told the sales guys we were just looking, and I really
meant it!  We wondered over the the Mac table, and, of course, we were asked if
we needed any help.  "No, we're just looking,"  I said.

Then this really nice young sales guy comes up:  "Need any help?"
"No, just looking,"  I said, while playing with the 21.5 inch all-in-one iMac.
Then Darrel starts talking to him, then I join in, then the next thing we know
we're being offered a deal we just couldn't walk away from--great, great deal.
So, we're a Mac family now.  My brother is a Mac guy--"Finally" and "Congrats"
was his response.

We've got it set up.  Darrel's first question was, "Where are all the wires?"
I have lots to learn; I'm totally discombobulated--  I'm amazed iPhoto does
RAW, and it's editor reminds me of Lightroom a bit. I have to call Adobe
tomorrow about Lightroom--I'm hoping they'll let me upgrade to Ver. 3 at the
upgrade price.  There will be lots of data transfer to learn too.  Oh boy,
can't wait!

All in all, we're really pleased with our purchases, but I do have
new-gadget-fatigue.  The first shot, I think I actually took last week, but the
other three I did take this week--so it's a legit paw-post.  Nothing really
great--I have been a bit preoccupied as they say.   Cheers, Christine

http://aguilapaw.posterous.com/