> > <http://www.web-options.com/Carmelites/>
> >
> > Hope you enjoy. Any hints as to how I can best cut it down and turn
> it into
> > a tighter essay would be most appreciated.
>
> Quite a few of these are very neat. I'd separate People/Portraits from
> Event shots, at least unless a particular photo or two support the
> event context. The people shots are the best, focus on them.
>
> Regards your gallery, right now most of your images are 400x600
> pixels. I'd consider making a bit bigger, say 600x900 or 533x800.
> They'd look a lot better and be much easier to see on today's
> displays. There's a wealth of detail in them that is getting lost.
> --
> Godfrey
>   godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions about the essay, which seem to be
along the same lines of separating the spectators from the procession.

I'm thinking about re-jigging my website and making themes, and that would
encompass the suggestions everyone's made.

I think the pictures are 720px on the long edge - I'll have to check this,
maybe I've changed it at some point and not reset it. I chose 720 because
it's a common denominator for 3x2 (720x480) and 4x3 (720x540) aspect ratios
without having to crush things up.