On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 10:58:57AM -0700, Larry Colen wrote:
> bagcheck goes through the exif data of photos that you've posted to flickr
> and compiles a list of the gear that you use, bodies and lenses that are ID'd
> in the exif
>
> http://bagcheck.com/
>
> Oddly, there doesn't seem to be a way to sign up for it if you don't have a
> facebook or twitter account.

That's one reason why I strip EXIF data from most images I post to the web.

There's just too much information that can be gleaned from those fields.
Ask Adam Savage (of Mythbuster fame) - when he posted a picture of his
new car in his driveway he unintentionally gave away his home address
by leaving the geotags in the EXIF data.

If you want to find out that kind of thing, ExifTool can scan a directory
tree and write selected tags to a summary file (with user-specified formatting).
>From that it's easy enough to generate gear lists, counts of images taken using
particular combinationd of equipment, etc., etc.

P.S.  I just learned that Phil Harvey (author of ExifTool) owns a K-5