It's too late Boris, just send it to me, I'll see to it that it gets proper internment.

On 8/5/2011 2:24 PM, Boris Liberman wrote:
Hi!

Just arrived home from visiting a friend. I've been shooting in room light at ISO around 800-1600 for like 1/2 an hour and towards the end I noticed a burnt pixel on the review screen of the camera. Arrived home. Opened it in LightRoom. LightRoom is smart and it shows briefly then disappears - LR takes care of it. But in Pentax Camera Utility it is there.

Here is a sample (400% magnification):

http://liberman-family.com/boris/temp/k-5_bad_pixel.png

What irks me is that:

1. it is the very fist time any of my Pentax cameras had such a thing
2. it does not look like just a hot pixel - it seems to be more like a blot or a blemish of some kind on the sensor.

Now, obviously, given that it is K-5 we're talking about - can it be the infamous sensor stain problem, or just something that happens very often, just not happened to me before kind of thing.

Any opinions (as long as they are not pun, thank you) will be welcome.

Boris

P.S. Upon arrival home I made few shots at ISO 3200 and ISO 6400 (including lens cap for darkness). Nothing shows... So it may have to do with the fact that I've been using camera at mid ISOs for some time...

--
Where's the Kaboom?  There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering Kaboom!

        --Marvin the Martian.