Geez, Godfrey lighten up.

On 8/8/2011 2:33 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
I don't use the acronym EVIL as it has negative connotations. Cute
though the irrepressible Luddites who prefer SLR cameras might be
about it, I don't like negative connotations applied to equipment
categories.

MILC and MILF are easily misconstrued and similarly subject to some
rather rude jokes. More negatives

The transposition of EVIL to LIVE (Lens Interchangable-Viewfinder
Electronic) is positive and describes precisely the camera type,
excluding types such as SLR and RF digital cameras. It also is a term
used in electronic display information displays such as LIVE
Histogram, etc.

But who the hell ever bothers actually listening to reasoned and
sensible naming like this? Instead we have people calling anything
that doesn't have a reflex viewfinder system a "rangefinder", people
calling a sophisticated camera like Konica-Minolta A2 a "point and
shoot", and all kinds of other such twaddle.