It's probably too late to do this, but I found this to be the best way to square up when building on a slab or a platform...

Only fasten the first wall down to the slab, then erect the other three walls, generally square, and just fastening the edges of the walls together. Now you can measure the diagonals and push the corners around until the diag's are equal.

Of course, that method won't work if you're building a barn.    ;>)

-p