Someone probably answered this but what the hell. Pentax dropped support for the aperture follower in all of their digital bodies. However you can still meter with the lenses but you have to stop them down to taking aperture. There are two ways to do this. The first is well documented. With the camera in manual exposure mode you use the "green button" which when your lens' aperture ring is off the A position, or you're using a K or M lens, stops the lens down to shooting aperture and sets the shutter speed, more or less correctly, though you can run out of meters ev range fairly easily. Sadly I haven/t been able to find a chart giving the ev metering values for the new digital cameras which would most useful when using K and M lenses. The other way is to use the DOF preview, which with the lens off the A mode stops down the lens to shooting aperture and keeps the meter live, just like you were shooting a Spotmatic.