On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 8:26 AM, Walt Gilbert <ldott...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow, Frank!
>
> That's a great capture.  I love how the surface of the water looks like
> mercury.  (I hope it isn't mercury.)

Thanks to everyone who commented.  I was kind of lucky, because it
rained a bit, then stopped.  I was on my way home as it looked like it
might start up again and passed by this pond when the rain started up
again very gently, so there were only these few drops on the water.  I
snapped about 6 shots (two sets of brackets of three) and a few
seconds later it started raining heavier.  I continued to snap, but I
knew that there would be so many rain drops on the water that those
latter shots wouldn't be compelling.

Subsequent viewing proved me right.

;-)

Luckily, one of the six worked - just the right amount of drops in the
right places.  Sometimes it's just about "being there"...

;-)

Thanks again.  Glad you all liked.

cheers,
frank
--
"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."  -Henri Cartier-Bresson