I was using yahoo for the list only, and gave up on it a month or two ago. I set up another POP account with my ISP, since they have both decent web-mail (so I can read mail on the road) and good support for Thunderbird. I never got the hang of the new Yahoo - the spell check only working on HTML was a real problem. I would switch from plain text to HTML, spell check, switch back and transmit... PITA.

Good luck!