Nice macro, Walt! I remember their chores from the Iowa Aug. evenings of my
past.

Jack

----- Original Message -----
From: Walt Gilbert <ldott...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:52 PM
Subject: PESO: Cicada Smile

Hi all,

Well, it's that time again.  Every 13 years, or so, we're overrun with these
dudes.  Up until the past few weeks, I thought my area had somehow been spared
their incessant, shrill drone (is that a contradiction in terms?).  But, sure
enough, the sound began, and I started finding their shells stuck to the trees,
fence posts, lawn furniture, etc.

I caught this one alive, making his way up a support beam in the garage one
night as I was having a lovely beverage.  I named him "Coolio" -- because I was
drunk.

Again, this was shot with my K 50/1.4 on the K-x with a reversing ring.  ISO
100, f/11, 1/180 with flash.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/6078219457/

I figured I had to get a shot now, since I won't get a chance again for 13
years.  Comments welcome as always.

Thanks!

-- Walt

-- PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List