On Aug 26, 2011, at 2:16 PM, Ann Sanfedele wrote:

> Never been in a real Hurricane before... just hoping we don't lose
> electricity here because my freezer is chock full of food (it was cheap
> chicken week at the super market :-) ) and I don't do "hot" well.

The contents of the freezer should remain frozen for a few hours at least if
the power goes out.  But I guess they wouldn't be repairing it until after the
hurricane has passed.  It's actually good that you have so much in there as
it'll stay cold for longer.

If it's out for too long you might be able to get some ice from wherever you
buy ice over there (we get it from petrol stations).  Yes, I was desperate
enough to do that when our fridge died a few months back.  But you'll need
enough space to squeeze it in.  Be aware that there will be at least one small
hole in the bag so water will get everywhere as the ice melts.

Cheers,
Dave