Depends on what your religious beliefs are…  All of them define some sort of
destination!

That, and many of the science based pretty picture educational programs of late
are depicting the earth becoming enveloped within the expanding surface of the
sun some millions or billions of years from now. That would be the scientific
definition of our destination. Or was it the black hole?  Hah! 99\99th power of
humans alive will never know the answer.  <grin>

On Aug 27, 2011, at 10:19 , P. J. Alling wrote:

> Since there's no set destination, you really mean we're going nowhere fast...
>
> On 8/26/2011 4:37 AM, Joseph McAllister wrote:
>> on Aug 25, 2011, at 15:30 , Bob Sullivan wrote:
>>
>>> Tom,
>>> I remember those days.
>>> I credit the pictures of Earth from space with starting the
>>> environmental movement.
>>> How could you ignore the mindset that we were all just passengers on
>>> this planet.
>>> I think they were the most impactful images of the last century.
>>> Regards,  Bob S.
>> Added to that amazing revelation is the fact that the marble we crap on so
>> frequently is hurtling through the vacuum of space at over 540,000 miles per
>> hour, and that's just it's orbital speed. It doesn't include the miniscule
>> speed we experience on the surface because of the Earth's rotation, nor the
>> possibly humugous speed that we are zipping along doing our part in the
>> expansion of the universe. We don't know relative to what, but we do know we
>> are going there pretty quickly.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

“ Nature is considerably more creative and inventive than humankind. Without
Nature there isn't any humankind. Without humankind, Nature is fine.”