On Aug 28, 2011, at 11:21 AM, Ann Sanfedele wrote:

> Boy, Paul ...
> If you were watching our local news (or if she were) that isn't what you
> would be saying. NY 1 has excellent coverage... better than the networks.

My daughters, who live on the first floor, were out and about this morning.
Couldn't find any damage or flooding. I think the news stations were so into
their "disaster coverage," they went out of their way to find the singular
toppled tree or flooded street. All the data says it turned out to be not much
more than a summer storm. Yes, Bloomberg blew it on the snowstorm and
apparently overcompensated here. But you're right, overkill beats the
alternative every time.

Paul