Thanks Jack, Dave, Rick, Ann, Paul, and Marnie!

Ken:  Fair point about the top petal-bit of sloppy cropping there.  Interesting
about the bright spot--Darrel (my husband) & I had a conversation about it, and
Darrel thought it was interesting and added to the composition, so I went with
it.  Husbands, go figure :-).  I might tone it down a bit.  I actually
eliminated a bright spot lower right of frame with the exposure brush in
Lightroom 3, and it worked really well--so well I eliminated it entirely.  It's
a lot easier to use that feature with my new iMac and Lightroom 3--didn't work
so well for me on my computer that just died.  As to the desaturation--well,
it's really just a reflection of the mood I was in at the time combined with a
fair weather loyalty to reality  :-).   Big cheers, Christine