On Aug 31, 2011, at 9:59 AM, Fernando wrote:

> How much would a DA* 200/4 macro come up to? My guess is in the
> $2,000~$2,500 ~would that be right?

When the FA* 200/4 macro was last available (2004) retail price at Adorama was
$1295 IIRC. Again IIRC, that wasn't too different from retail prices for lenses
like the FA* 80-200. So I might expect that a DA* 200 macro would be in the
price range of the DA* 60-250. Obviously pure speculation.

As I think more about the notion of a 200mm macro, however, I am not sure it is
that great an idea. I have the FA* 200/4 and I don't use it nearly as much on
my digital bodies as I did on 35mm film bodies. In part, I believe, because it
gives me a 300mm-equivelant FOV. I commented to Tan the other day that if she
wanted the classic 80-200 experience, then she would be happy with the 50-135
lens. By the same token, if you or I want the classic 200mm macro capability,
then what we really want looks more like a DA* 135/1.8 macro. Wouldn't that be
something!

stan