On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Ed Mathews wrote:

> The problem with this is that there is no set standard of a multiplier
> that will be agreed upon and standard for any length of time.  If there
> ever is a Pentax digital SLR, it might require a 1.5 X focal length, but
> it might not.  And there's no telling what the next one after that would
> require.  This is all temporary right now.

It really doesn't matter.  If Pentax get out an affordable DSLR with the
promise of better coverage and higher resolution in later versions it'll
still be a coup.  Kodak and Nikon offerings are high-end.  If Pentax can
target the mid-range SLR buyer with affordable second hand lenses for a
DSLR, they could be onto a winner.

Think of an advertising campaign: "Remember the Spotmatic camera you
bought when you were in Vietnam?  You know those lenses you've had for
thirty years?  They'll fit your *new* Pentax Digital."

Or: "We had the first SLR.  The first AF lens.  Now the first affordable
DLSR which will use all your lenses you bought for our other cameras."

dave
--
dave o'brien - http://www.diaspoir.net
Each man is his own prisoner, in solitary confinement for life.