From: Larry Colen
I wonder if this would work, and if so would there be a market for it...

To make a background for photos, take a projector that has video inputs and
shine it on the background.  It wouldn't be bright enough to not get washed out
by strobes, so replace the halogen bulb with a strobe.  You'd need a modeling
bulb for it, but it wouldn't need to be as bright as the regular bulb used in
those projectors.

It would also be handy as flash that had it's own built in gels, of any color
you wanted, as well as it's own gobo (up to the contrast ratio of the LCD).

I wonder what it would cost to make one, and how much of a market there would
be for them.

http://www.virtualbackgrounds.net/public_html/pages/Welcome_e.html