He looks a very spry 81!
ann

On 9/7/2011 23:36, Christine Aguila wrote:
Thanks, Ken.  Will pass on your kind thoughts and suggestions to my dad.
Cheers, Christine

On Sep 7, 2011, at 11:22 AM, Ken Waller wrote:

Christine, please thank your dad for me for his dedication and sacrifices made
during his service duty.

I need to plug knee replacements here, given that he's seen a doctor about knee
issues.
I had 2 total knee replacements a few years back and it has made all the difference
for me. Arthritis issues with the knees finally got to where the pain became very
bad, even with pills&  rubs. It finally got to where I had to do something
about it. I had them done on separate occasions and would recommend the same for
anyone. The pain/recovery from the operations was well worth it as I am totally
without pain/issues. I believe with out the replacements, I'd probably be in a
wheel chair.

HTH

He looks like a much younger man than his age.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christine Aguila"<christ...@caguila.com>
Subject: PAW--Week 35--Dad at 81

Hi Everyone:  My dad turned 81 today.  As you can see from the picture, he's aging quite
gracefully--and he's active as if he was 60.  He's a retired 8th grade science teacher, and he's
retired military, having served in Korea, then as a reservist for 31 years.  He was a paratrooper
as a Green Beret and also earned Canadian jump wings during his military career.    A few months
ago he went to the doctor because his knees have been really bothering him.  At one point his
doctor asked, "Now, Charles, how many jumps have you made in your career?"  When my dad
said about 60+, the doctor said, "Well, no wonder your knees are bothering you at this age!
Sheesh!"

It's so hard to think of my dad as 81.  He just hasn't changed much to my mind: he still
tells his funny stories, he's always chauffeuring various offspring and grand kids about
town, and he and my mom still sneak off to downtown hotels for  get-away weekends--in
fact, I was informed tonight that they are "going away" in a few weeks to one
of their favorite hotels on the south side of Chicago near Hyde Park.  Go, Dad!  Cheers,
Christine

http://aguilapaw.posterous.com